Saturday, May 31, 2008

Desi doesn't do Dishes


Hey guys,

Have you ever had one of those days when your kindness is mistaken for weakness. This picture of Cinderella says it all. She looks like I feel. Like she's going to brain the next person who adds something to her "to do" list. I'm royally pissed off right now. I know it's my own fault for giving in but I'm still pissed. I helped my mother transfer her winter clothes into the upstairs closet and then transferred her spring clothes into the closet downstairs. no problem-glad to be of service. I just filled up my gas tank 40 bucks thank you very much. Spent most of the morning hiking with my niece and my cousin's little girls-my suggestion. I brought them back and then took my niece to lunch. All cool. By this time I had just under a full tank of gas. My niece then told me that my mother had promised to take her and my cousin's little girl to the store. I said that's fine but I'm not going. There was no way that I wanted to drive all the way cross town and pick up someone I'd just dropped off a couple hours ago. Well we get home and my mother on top of putting me on laundry duty ask me if I will do exactly what I don't want to do. So of course like and idiot with a stupid yes mother push button I say yes. I need to have that button surgically removed. I schlep my way over to my cousins house-pick up the kids and drive them back across town to the mall. Now I only have 3/4 of a tank of gas and I need to top it off again. I am the master of doing stuff with a bad attitude. I hate spending my time doing crap that I don't want to do. Guys don't be like me. Learn to say no and mean it and stick with it. People will just continue to eat up your private time if you let them. All of us needs some time to ourselves that can't be infringed on by anyone. I'm going to take my own advice. I've focused on other people enough today. I'm sitting my ass down and knitting a few rows. I refuse to be a chore whore for the remainder of today. I'm spending the rest of this day on what I want to do.

No comments: