Monday, March 31, 2008

House Hopping!

Mellow greetings my com padres!

I've just spent a wonderful weekend actually getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep per night. I spent two nights with the wonderful and always gracious Ms. A. I spent the next night with Mrs. P and her animal menagerie. I finished my cable hat(pics to follow shortly) and watched several movies. The most memorable one was The Great Debaters which is based on a true story. It's all about a African American debate team in 1935. It's totally a feel good movie. One of those good always wins and love always triumphs over evil. It did peak my interest in the poetry of Langston Hughes and Gwendolyn Brooks. It also made me remember a poem that always encourages me. Who would have thought a movie that involved lynching could make you think about your own self worth. I came away from the movie more committed to loving myself and expecting others to treat me with respect. Ladies and Gentleman we are not on sale. There are no blue light specials on your time and talent. Don't minimize your value. Step into your greatness.
Our Deepest Fear
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.It is our light, not our darkness,that most frightens us.We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous?Actually who are we not to be?You are a child of God.Your playing small doesn't serve the world.There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine as children do.We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.And when we let our own light shine,we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.As we are liberated from our own fear,our presence automatically liberates others.- Marianne WilliamsonA Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

No comments: