Saturday, March 21, 2009

Be-Bop A Rhu-Bop A Strawberry Rhubarb Pie


Hey Guys,

I've decided to make one dish a week that I've always wanted to do. This week it was Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. I've never worked with Rhubarb before but I decided to give it a go. I found this recipe simple and fun to do. I love recipes that are hands on,and by that I mean you get to use your hands. There's no pastry blender or food processor's to make the dough for you pie. You get in there with nature's own pastry blenders-i.e. your fingers. I won't go into the details of the recipe. The book "Feasting on Asphalt is available in your local library. I love that Alton Brown-he makes things seem so easy. Also I love how technical he is. He breaks things down to the molecule level on "Good Eats". So please visit your local library and pick up Feasting on Asphalt. How's it taste you say? Well Stupid Good! And I haven't had a slice yet. It's simply some of the filling that leaked on the cookie sheet I used as a catcher for the pie. So use your creativity and go boldly where no novice cook has gone before.






Des

No comments: