Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Picture of the Week


This picture is from one of my commutes home. You may have noticed a theme to my pictures. I have a habit of watching the sky. It started when I was a little kid. I'd lay down in my backyard and watch the clouds make crazy formations. Now I like to view the sky on a cold clear night when you can see everything. I also like taking pictures of sunrises and sunsets. Mainly because that's when I'm up and also because I like to watch the world wake up. The air is crisp and cool and I would totally take a walk around my block if I had the time.

Well, I've been knitting like a fiend for the past week and a half. I have completed 2 baby sweaters,2 purses, one ipod/mp3 cozy,one pair of leg warmers,and have started two more purses and another baby sweater is in the works. I've learned something about myself in this marathon of knitting. 1. I hate to be interrupted when I've got a good knit going-you wouldn't like me if you interrupt my knitting. 2. two hours is really the max amount of time I can spend knitting something I'm not interested in. It's one thing to knit for fun,it's quite another to knit for a potential buyer. While they don't have to be at odds sometimes you have to sacrifice one for the other. In other words I finished my two purses. Which I will admit was tedious and boring. Now the Leg warmers-so fun-I couldn't wait to see how they turned out. I'll post the pictures of the knitted items to my flickr page shortly.

Happy knitting

Desi

No comments: