Saturday, March 19, 2011

I made a difference!



Yep, I'm a blood donor. Just saved like 3 lives in 30 minutes. It's all in a days work for me. All kidding aside I donated blood for the first time in my life. I've tried several times before but this is the first time that the nurses could find a vein on me. So what did it feel like? It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I did feel a little bit woozy at first but then I started discussing 80's hair bands with the nurse and that diverted my attention from the slightly fuzzy headed feeling I was having. I felt really good about my donation and the lives that might be saved with it. Also I now know that I am beautiful inside and out cause by blood was pretty. Lovely rich wine color just choc full of life sustaining antibodies. I knew eating all that spinach would come in handy!

Now I wasn't just giving blood during my vacation. No way! I finished two hats and started a scarf. i have been in love with the color green lately. I can't seem to stop myself from knitting in green. Maybe I'm trying to channel a renewal in my own life and green brings to mind new birth and coming alive!




I also went to a Kem concert and he has a completely awesome show. Here's a no where to hide by Kem.

Enjoy

Desi

No comments: