Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Talkin' About a Revolution

I've been making the most of every opportunity I've gotten lately. My English professor invited our class to a showing of Art 21 at the Wexner center. I really enjoyed it. I learned about some artists that I didn't know. Carrie Mae Weems really intrigued me. She took famous photographs from the past and reconstructed them with students from her class. I think that's an excellent way of really connecting with history. I can read facts about a particular event in history from a text book. Her artistry puts you right there in the mix. History was made real to her students in a way they hadn't expected. She kind of inspired me to do a little reconstruction of my own. What you have below is another slide show I did. I picked pictures that evoked a certain theme of crisis and need. I feel our health care system is in crisis mode. We simply have to do something about it.




I was debating which Tracy Chapman Song to use. Here's the youtube version of my other choice.


Des

No comments: