Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!! Let's make it a knittastic year

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since i've blogged. Believe it or not I actually knitted alot during christmas break. I got my fair isle hat finished and started another mini project. I've picked up the rainbow socks and hope to finish them shortly. I'm also working on some baby knitwear patterns. You know how it is when you see a pattern and want to convert it into something it was never meant to be. I say give it a go. I've learned this in my 3 plus years of knitting. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Sometimes what i make turns out awesome and sometimes I have to make a U-turn and pick up the pieces. But it's all part of learning what's your knitting style. I'm a fan of the whole do it until you're satisfied method of knitting. That means i'll keep recreating until I come up with what was in my head when I started the pattern. It feels so good to warm someone up with your knit hats,scarves,and mittens. I just haven't mastered the whole knit yourself something warm yet. I also love being part of a community of crafters. The woman who taught me how to quilt is now working on her first pair of socks. I was blessed to be able to encourage her as she once did for me. There's nothing like being around people who understand your craft and it's value. Well i've got to go walk away the pounds now. Hopefully I'll be able to hike in Hocking Hills this summer and have more stamina.

Until the next post

TTFN

Des

No comments: